Search for Internships

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

City Arts (blog post)


Address: 891 Broad StreetProvidence, RI 02907
Description of the overall mission of this organization:
Ages of youth served: 8-13
Name of Mentor: Nika Gorini
Hours worked: 7.5, Mondays, 10am-5:30pm (and other days if needed)
Description of your role and duties: Administrative work, I led my own my music class, and a teacher's assistant for a drum class
Description of the culture of the place (how many people in the office, dress code, communication style)
There were at least four people, including myself, in the office. They did not care about dressing professionally, but it was expected that we dress appropriately. I felt really comfortable dressing casually in the workplace, and I loved that rule. Also, to keep the communication between us in the office, we could email, text message, or call one another.
Additional Requirements: (travel, etc)
I usually carpooled with my mentor to different places, but having my own car was not mandatory.
Special notes on process of getting this internship:
I scheduled an appointment first, before going through the application process, during the summer
Other internship opportunities with this organization:
-Americorps positions
-Teacher's assistance
-Administrative work
What three TAGS would you use to label this internship?
Administrative, mentoring, afterschool
Your name: LeeShonel Ayala
Your cohort: 4
Your email address if others can contact you: shonel.a91 at gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment