Search for Internships

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Dr. Day Care

Name of Organization: Dr. Day Care www.drdaycare.com
Address: 203 Concord Street Suite 321 Pawtucket, RI 02860
Description of the overall mission of this organization:
Ages of youth served: 6 weeks- 5 years
Name of Mentor: Amy Vogel
Hours worked: 40 hours per week between hours of 6:30 am - 6:00 pm
Description of your role and duties: I am an Administrator at this site. My roles include being a mentor to my staff, hiring employees, disciplining employees, enrolling new families, collecting payments and submitting deposits, creating weekly staff schedule, ensuring safety of all staff and children, giving tours to prospective families, meeting with home office staff, attending meetings and trainings, classroom observations, orders and purchasing, hold family events, parent teacher conferences, parent groups, fundraising, running meetings and trainings. And so much MORE!
Description of the culture of the place: I have one assistant, I have a COO, VP and HR above me. I am in charge of 25 staff members. Dress is a buisness casual style.
Additional Requirements: ocassional travel to other sites or home office, various certifications and trainings needed for my position per the RIDE.
Special notes on process of getting this internship: I worked for this company almost 7 years now. I starte
Other internship opportunities with this organization: Kids Klub RI is the non profit before and after school  sister of Dr. Day Care where i volunteered on their fundraising committe for their annual non-profit fundraiser. I worked at the event, got to network, reach out to donors, create raffles, etc. The event rasied over $18,000!


What three TAGS would you use to label this internship?
preschool, administrative, trauma, hands-on,

Your name: Lauren Fagnant   
Your cohort: 6
Your email address if others can contact you: lauren.fagnant@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment