Search for Internships

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Newman YMCA


Name of Organization: Newman YMCA
Address: 472 Taunton Ave, Seekonk, MA 02771
Description of the overall mission of this organization: The mission of the YMCA of Greater Providence is to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, through programs, services, and relationships that are based upon our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Ages of youth served: Kindergarten- 5th grade (Out of School Time Program)
Name of Mentor: Suzanne Rave
Hours worked: 16-18 hours a week. I worked Monday mornings 7:00- 8:30 and every afternoon Monday- Friday 3:00- 6:00.
Description of your role and duties: Both administrative and hands-on.  This is my paid job as a site coordinator as well as my internship.  As a site coordinator, I develop curriculum plans for every week, manage four staff at my site and facilitate activities with a group of 25 children daily.  I always make sure there is a sense of community within the staff and children and run the program to the best of my ability while following along with the values of the YMCA.
Description of the culture of the place: Split up between two sites; the school and YMCA building in Seekonk.  At the school, I have four staff and at the YMCA there are three supervisors in the office.  Most days is casual wear so a blue YMCA t-shirt along with lanyard that has my picture and name on it.  There is open communication with all staff and I was always letting them know any updates, changes, etc. The same with my director/mentor.
Additional Requirements: Travel to YMCA and school where program is held.
Special notes on process of getting this internship: This was already my job so I used it as my internship as well.
What three TAGS would you use to label this internship?
administrative, mentoring, afterschool
Your name: Ashlee Perry
Your cohort: Cohort 6
Your email address if others can contact you: anperry328@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment