Search for Internships

Monday, April 24, 2017

Dance For Art: Carolyn Dutra Dance Studio




Name of Organization: Dance For Art: Carolyn Dutra Dance Studio
Address: 1945 Warwick Ave
Description of the overall mission of this organization: The mission of DFA is to cultivate the importance of community service learning through dance and provide performance opportunities for young dancers.
Ages of youth served: 3-18
Name of Mentor: Blair-Victoria Dutra
Hours worked: (number, days, times) Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (flexible hours) typically 10-1 and 4-8
Description of your role and duties: I was the assistant to the creative director of The Carolyn Dutra Dance Studio and to the co-director of Dance for Art.
Description of the culture of the place Whenever I worked in the office, there was no more than 3 or 4 people in the office at the same time. When working on rehearsals, there would be many of us facilitating. We are very TEAM oriented at the dance studio. I would normally be wearing dance clothes (tights/leggings, a leotard, my staff shirt, and my hair pulled into a ponytail.) I can definitely go to anyone in the office if I need help and can reach them in anyway and know that they will get back to me.
Additional Requirements:  I would have to get coffee (they paid for mine as well!), sometimes stay late when shows come around, and coming in early on weekends when we had rehearsals.
Special notes on process of getting this internship: I decided to do my internship at the dance studio I have worked at for the past 4 years. My mentor was very open to having me come on staff in a new and exciting way.
Other internship opportunities with this organization: I am not sure about people getting internships here because I have already been working there and that is how I was able to do the internship, but definitely we are always looking for help if you are interested in the arts and nonprofit work.

What three TAGS would you use to label this internship?
teenagers, mentoring, dance.
Your name: Rachel Ferrara
Your Cohort: Cohort 4
Your Email Address: rachel dot cdds at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment