Search for Internships

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Boys and Girls Club of Providence

Name of Organization: Boys and Girls Club of Providence
Address:
90 Ives St, Providence, RI 02906
Description of the overall mission of this organization:
To enable and inspire youth especially those from diverse or difficult circumstances to reach their full potential, become productive responsible and healthy members of society, develop into givers and not takers, and make their community and state a better place for all.
Ages of youth served: 5 to 18
Name of Mentor: Mike Scarpetti
Hours worked: (number, days, times)
They worked with my class schedule, I worked Tuesday to Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday I usually worked 10 to 3 and Thursday and Friday I worked 2 to 6
Description of your role and duties: (include administrative or hands-on or both)
I shadowed my mentor and a site coordinator on Tuesday and Wednesday and I would do different jobs like filing documents or I would sit in different meetings and then the other two days I would work at their after school programs with the kids.
Description of the culture of the place (how many people in the office, dress code, communication style)
Everyone is very open and easy to work with, they are open to what I had to say and the communication was not an issue. I wore a collard shirt with jeans.
Additional Requirements: (travel, etc)
Special notes on process of getting this internship:
I had an interview with Mike and I told what I wanted to get out of the internship and he made sure my needs were met.
Other internship opportunities with this organization:
There are many different sites at this organization and there is plenty of different programs that are offered in this wonderful organization.
What three TAGS would you use to label this internship? After school programs, Elementary and teen work, Admistrative work
Your name: Jacob W. Steadman
Your cohort: 5
Your email address if others can contact you: Jwilcox1021@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment