Search for Internships

Friday, April 27, 2018

St. Paul School After School


Address: 1789 Broad St. Cranston RI, 02905
Description of the overall mission of this organization: St. Paul School is a diverse community committed to challenging all students academically, morally and spiritually. Our faith-filled environment nurtures leaders with Christ-like values of respect, cooperation and service.
Ages of youth served: 3 years old to 13 years old
Name of Mentor: Anne Moran
Hours worked: My start date was 9/5/17 and my end date is 6/15/18. I worked on average 10-12 hours a week and I completed well over 250 hours!
Description of your role and duties: My role as the after school coordinator consisted of 100% hands on work with the youth in our space. I would serve snack, the older kids would do their homework and on certain days we would do fun activities and projects that were all youth chosen and led. I would also go out and buy materials for our different projects. I created a behavior chart and behavior improved dramatically and the youth loved it! Each month we would create a bulletin board and post the different projects we were doing and also our stars of the week who got 10 stars on their behavior chart.
Description of the culture of the place I would always try to dress my best while being appropriate. Some days there were dress down days and I would dress more casual or if I knew we were using paint that day I would dress down.
What three TAGS would you use to label this internship?
hands-on, afterschool, paid
Your name: Casey Smith
Your cohort: 5
Your email address if others can contact you: misssmith927 at gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment